CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Do they speak English?

Recently, we were went to a neighboring state so I could attend the viewing of a coworker's grandfather and Aleah had a funny quote as we were leaving.  First, she asked where we were and we answered that but went on to explain where we live compared to where we visited.  The next question knocked us off our rockers.  I should say that Scott and the kiddos stayed in the van watching a Cinderella movie while I was inside, so she didn't talk to anyone there.  She asked, "Do they speak English there?"  Since Scott was laughing....the conversation continued as follows:


Mom:  Yes, sweetie.  The speak English here.
Aleah:  Are you sure?  They don't speak Spanish?
Mom:  No, Aleah, they don't speak Spanish.  They speak English like we do.
Aleah:  Mom, what's English?

We were dying by this time.  I guess her world is finally getting bigger.  She is realizing that there are differences in our world and even closer.

0 comments: