So, about two weeks ago I got a phone call from my mom who promptly put Aleah on the phone. Now, she doesn't make it a habit to call me at work, so I was a little concerned. Well....Aleah told me she had a loose tooth. I could not believe it! When I saw her after work, sure enough, a loose tooth.
Tonight, I was putting the kiddos to bed when Aleah started complaining that her tooth was hurting. After Bruce got to bed, I checked her tooth, and it was REALLY loose. I told her it was ready to come out and convinced her that tonight was the night. How did I convince her? Well, she knows about the Tooth Fairy(TF) because she has seen that on Arthur (PBS show). I basically acted SOOOO excited that the TF could come tonight if she let me pull it out. She asked if it would hurt, of course I said no. Amazingly enough, she agreed! Off I went for the supplies. Camera, wet wash cloth, dental floss. Shoot, the batteries are dead.....grabbed the other batteries. Alright, here we go.....
After I got the floss on the tooth, I kept asking her if she was ready in between talking about the TF. (For a moment there, I didn't think I could do it. I just put those thoughts out of my mind.) As I was talking, I just YANKED. Aleah's eyes were HUGE. I pushed the wet wash cloth into her mouth and told her to bite it.

When she finally looked in the mirror, her eyes got HUGE all over again. She did GREAT! I am so proud of her. I can't believe she lost her first tooth so early. She won't be 5 until April 18. WOW!

Of course, she had to put it under her pillow. Hmm....How much is a tooth worth these days?





2 comments:
Congratulations on the first tooth lost!! Bennett was just saying to me the other day how he can't wait till he loses a tooth...great. The "awkward, goofy, looking-back-I'm-so-embarrassed-that-I-ever-looked-like-that" stage has begun! Oh, joy!
Karla
Yes, they do grow up too fast. Our 'baby' just hit her terrible two's - and oh, do we have to let everyone know!
I've been enjoying your posts, keep 'em coming.
- Adriel
Post a Comment