CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Long time no update.......

Well, I quit doing my thankful list back in January during the week that the kiddos and I were sick one right after another. I just had a really hard time thinking about the good things. Since then, it just seemed like a HUGE job to get back on the wagon of blogging.

After being sick, I spent a good month just being exhausted. On the days that I worked, I would pick up Bruce, come home and sleep until time to pick up Aleah from school. On non-work days, I would get everyone off to school and work then head to the couch for a 2 hour nap. Then after lunch, I would put a movie on for Bruce and sleep another 1-2 hours before picking up Aleah. I just couldn't figure out why I was so tired all the time. In February, Scott informed me that I had started snoring in December sometime. So I thought that could be it, but also wondered if I needed to increase my medication. I've been on and off anti-depressant/anxiety meds for the last 2 years. When I found out I was pregnant, my doc wanted me off the meds. Those were a tough 3 months. When I did go back on them, I was just taking a half dose compared to before the pregnancy. So, when I went to the doc in February, I asked if I could increase my meds thinking that was why I was so tired all the time. I just needed the energy from the meds. So we increased the meds, but it took another 2 weeks to get used to it, so I was still tired. I tried the nasal strips but they didn't stay on my nose the whole night, I also slept on an incline, but that put strain on my middle back, so that didn't work either. Thankfully, I've been getting better sleeps and feeling really good that past few weeks. Not sure if I'm still snoring or not.

By this time in my previous pregnancies, I was pretty miserable because of back pain. I had a friend get really great results from a chiropractor. So I've been seeing him every two weeks after the initial "getting me back in order" appointments. I also get a 1/2 hour massage once a month at the office. I've been really blessed to have a Christian chiropractor. Also, I've been blessed that insurance helps pay for it.

I had my week 32 appointment last Wednesday and we talked about dates for the induction. We've been planning for week 37. Aleah was 8#14 oz. at full term, Bruce was 8#12 oz. at 37 weeks, and so from the beginning we knew we would induce abround week 37. Not to mention, when I had my glucola test in February, I had an elevated sugar count. So, since I'm a borderline gestational diabetic, I guess I'm destined to have a big baby. We talked about April 9 or 10. He probably would've done the week before, but Easter weekend is the only weekend that we have childcare lined up. Obviously, if she decides to come early, then plans will change. We will see how things work out. I'm really praying that she waits til April 10 just for the sake of healthy lungs, etc. My next appointment is March 25 and he will do the group B test (or whatever it's called). We'll know then if I'm dialated at all. I would think so with all the contractions I've had in the past two weeks. We shall see!

Unfortunately, since Sophie's 1 yr bday is on April 11, we will all be missing it. It's just too much going on for the kiddos. Tha plan is that we go in for induction on April 10 (Aleah was also born on Good Friday, even though her bday is April 18th). Once the baby is born, we will have the first hour or so to nurse and be amazed.....:) then we will have her get her bath while I move to my post partum room. My good friend Kristi will keep the kiddos that day. She lives really close to the hospital so that is a blessing. Once they start the bath for the baby, Scott will go get the kiddos to bring them over to meet their baby sister. Depending on how late in the day Baby is born will determine how long they last at the hospital. At some point, Scott will take them home for the night. Saturday morning, they will come to see us again but go home with Grandma and Grandpa Allen for Saturday and Sunday. We plan to be home Sunday afternoon with the kiddos joining us that eveing sometime.

The kiddo are definitely excited. Aleah is already talking about how to soothe the baby at night if she fusses. We have the crib up, sheets on, clothes laundered, etc. but still have to find a couple things in the attic. Scott told Aleah about the mobile, so she is excited to turn that on for her if she fusses at night. I don't plan on Aleah having to do too much at night, since she is a heavy sleeper, but we'll see what happens. Both kiddos have been carrying around Aleah's baby doll and it is really cute to see them "practicing".

Scott has been on his job now for about 6 months. We have really seen God work in our lives during this time and we are so thankful that Scott gets to work in his passion at such a young age. Scott has been a wonderful husband and father during this pregnancy. He has picked up the slack so much and I am so grateful for him. I know he is ready for the baby to be here to get his 'normal' wife back, but 'normal' will be a little different anyway. I know that God is gracious and will help us all in the transition of adding a new life into our family.

I will take 7 weeks off, then go back to work about 8 hours a week. I plan on just one 8 hour day so that I can enjoy the summer at the zoo, pool, park, backyard, etc. with the kiddos. Scott will have Fridays off so we will enjoy having family days on Fridays. I'm so thankful that my employer is so willing to let me set my schedule. I plan on picking up more hours again after the kiddos go back to school in the fall.

Sorry this is soooo long, but I really wanted to get this all down before the next busyness starts in our lives. I hope to have access to a computer in the hospital to upload pics. I will have free internet access, but just not sure about the computer part. We will see.

1 comments:

Becky Hansen said...

Rachel,
Thanks for posting! it's good to hear from you and what's happening with Baby. Looking forward to meeting her!

Becky