CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Saturday, November 1, 2008

5, one day late

1.  I'm thankful for pregnancy induced insomnia so that I can play on the computer at weird hours of the day.  I know, I'm stretching for this one.  Usually, I stay in bed and ask the Lord to guide me in prayer.  But this morning, I had a bunch of things running through my head that I ended up emailing a friend about it.


2.  I'm thankful for a friend and sister-in-law who are kind enough to share their preggo clothes with me.  The ones I wore six  and four years ago just aren't cutting it.  They are now the "stay at home" clothes.  :)  

3.  I'm thankful for Halloween when my kiddos get tons of candy.  Thankfully we've taught them well...they each dump their stash in ONE pile and share with momma and daddy.  :)

4.  I'm thankful that when I go back to work (next week), that I can still volunteer in Aleah's classroom.  Her teacher and I are both pregnant and due within weeks of each other.  How fun is that!!!!

5.  I'm thankful we got a GREAT report for Aleah's first Kindergarten parent/teacher conference.  She is in the advanced reading group, she is looking bored in language group so her teacher will start challenging her more, working quickly in math (sometimes too quickly that her work suffers for it), and she is listening and obeying.  Something every parent loves to hear.  Aleah tends to get squirmy in the afternoon, so she is either tired and fighting sleep or she's just done for the day.  Something to work on.  We also need to work on her writing skills.  They draw a picture then write about it.  However, she tends to spend soooo much time on her picture that she doesn't have time to do the writing.  This is typical for Aleah.  She is soooo creative.  Takes after her father.  She also has about 4 letters that she doesn't know the sounds for.  Not too bad.  We can take care of those.  Anyway, next week is Bruce's meeting with his preschool teacher.  Now that one, I'm worried about.  :)

Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha that's really funny about the candy! It's good to hear aleah is doing really well at school, too :)

Amy said...

You are at such a fun stage of life! Savor it, for if you blink, your kids will be kissing you good-bye everytime you turn around, as they head off to yet another independent adventure in life. Granted, that's what you raise them for--to launch out independently from you on the path God has laid out for them, but it's still a little bittersweet when the "good old days" of their baby- and childhoods come to mind.